lunedì 25 aprile 2016

Capsule Wardrobe #1: Spring 2016




Welcome to the first Gioco di Donne illustrated lifestyle post! Why these news? Throughout the years the role Gioco di Donne has played in my life has changed a lot - and my personal style with it.

From the first post mixing vintage dresses with handmade pieces, to storytelling, my friends and I have jumped from one aesthetics to the other. I'd like to keep this imaginative aspect and the beautiful pictures, but also showcase some of my everyday outfits - and how the aesthetics integrates with the ethics in my life.

So, I'd like to start off with my new spring capsule wardrobe. For those who don't have a clue of what that means, a capsule wardrobe is a collection of clothing composed of interchangeable items to maximize the number of outfits that can be created. The aim is to have an outfit suitable for any occasion without owning excessive clothing. You will have staple items, a color palette and a combination of lengths and cuts to play with. It's about optimization and using your resources in the better way possible - which is precisely why it is not about dresses only.

I have been experimenting with the capsule wardrobe for a while now. Becoming a minimalist became necessary after many changes of house, and it has proved great in so many other ways. But as my friend Roberto told me once:"Tu non ti vesti, ti travesti"- referring to the fact that for my outfit I usually have something in mind - the atmospheres of a movie, a comic book character. That is where I start - for me dressing up is playing with identities rather than stick to one. But for this season I want to narrow it down a bit, at least for my everyday commitments: work, vernissages, strolls, chat in cafès, reading at the park, everyday commissions.

On top of that, in these months I will also implement a few things for toughening myself up, which are totally up the alley of my inspirations. After all, aesthetics without ethics are boring!



 






Illustrations_: One More Red Naima

Txt_: Naima Amarilli

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento